Book Review: Hooked on Crochet! Afghans

Sunday, July 5, 2015



Title: Hooked on Crochet! Afghans

Book Review by Elena Hunt (www.beatriceryandesigns.com)

Annie’s has done it again!  Hooked on Crochet! Afghans is a fabulous crochet pattern book and a great addition to my crochet library!  There are six magnificent patterns by three great crochet artists. This 28 page pattern book has easy-to-read instructions, including written instructions and crochet graphs for each pattern.  If you have been looking for a unique afghan pattern, this book is for you.

The eye-catching Pretty Peacock Afghan (pg. 7) that graces the cover of this book is top on my list to make and has been one of my favorite afghans this year. Another favorite is the Bouquet of Daisies Afghan (pg.37); I would love to make this afghan for my own home, perfect for a summer throw.  There is also a Jewel Tones Tunisian Afghan (pg. 4) and a Baby Heirloom Afghan (pg. 12) for those of you who are looking for something in those styles! 

The patterns in this book vary in skill level from easy to intermediate, but the clear and easy to read instructions would make any of these patterns doable for an average crochet hobbyist.

If you love to crochet afghans like I do, I hope you will try one of the great patterns in this book and get Hooked on Crochet! Afghans into your crochet library too!
Full disclosure: A free review copy of Hooked on Crochet! Afghans was provided by Annie's Crafts. Although I accept free products for review, I do not accept additional compensation, nor do I guarantee a positive review.  My reviews are based entirely on my honest opinions.

No comments:

Post a Comment

CGOA welcomes your comments! To help us avoid comment-spam, all comments are moderated. Damaging, hateful, profane, advertising, or solicitation comments will not be approved. If your comment is not approved, please feel free to reword it and post it again. For guild-related questions, please send an email to: cgoa @ crochet.org (to help us avoid spam, cut and paste address into your email program and remove spaces from "@").

 
Template Design by Studio Mommy (© Copyright 2015)