Reason to Join a Local CGOA Chapter #3: Charity Projects

Friday, May 27, 2016

Post by Stacy Vaka of Crochet Kitten.

Welcome back to my blog series on what it's like to join a local CGOA chapter! I joined the Prince William County chapter of CGOA back in January, and I've been writing about what the experience has been like. You can find links to the whole series on this post.

(Incidentally, be sure to go back to last month's post for an update on the Lion Brand Ambassador visit!)

Moving on to this month's reason to join a local guild: charity projects! Crocheters are a group of people who have some of the biggest hearts I know. How many crocheters do you know who have never made a project for themselves? And how many crocheters do you know who have spent hours on afghans and prayer shawls, only to donate them to people they've never met? Perhaps that generous crocheter is you! It should come as no surprise, then, that my local guild took on a charity project of its own this year.

The project was announced back in January, which is the month I joined. The idea was that each guild member would make a lapghan to donate to a local cancer center. It was not a requirement, but an optional activity for guild members to take part in. Well, I'm proud to say that my guild produced a total of 22 lapghans to donate!


I'm sorry to say that the lapghan I had started for this project was not finished in time to join the others, but the ladies in my guild have been so inspiring thus far, and I do intend to take it on the road next month and finish it, and donate it to a worthy cause.

No comments:

Post a Comment

CGOA welcomes your comments! To help us avoid comment-spam, all comments are moderated. Damaging, hateful, profane, advertising, or solicitation comments will not be approved. If your comment is not approved, please feel free to reword it and post it again. For guild-related questions, please send an email to: cgoa @ crochet.org (to help us avoid spam, cut and paste address into your email program and remove spaces from "@").

 
Template Design by Studio Mommy (© Copyright 2015)