The Design Competition grows each year as CGOA grows. It is the most exciting part of the conference (other than seeing and meeting other enthusiastic crochet people). So I encourage you to enter the contest and share your creations! You may even win a nice monetary prize. J
Did you know that we now have 7 design categories open to CGOA members:
- Home Décor & Afghans
- Thread Crochet
- Artistic Expression
- Young Designer (25 years old or younger; may turn 26 in 2015)
- First Time Entrant/Non-Professional (for those who have not entered before and have not had their designs published)
If you are a member, you can read more about the competition requirements on the CGOA website. http://www.crochet.org/
If you are still uncertain about entering the competition, here is why I believe you should enter:
- It is fun to see your creation exhibited with other outstanding crochet designs.
- It will give you a reason to really stretch yourself and create something that will give joy to yourself and others.
- It may lead to crochet fame and give you credibility with magazine editors, book publishers and yarn companies (if you’d like to become a designer in the industry).
- And last (but not least), there are monetary prizes in each of the 7 categories listed above.
This year I am co-chair with Susan Lowman of the competition committee. We are working with a whole team of members who believe, like us, that the competition is an important part of the conference. I encourage you to enter the contest and let the world see what you can create!
Here are a few photos of my personal favorite winners from 2014:
2014 First Prize Accessories“Fall Leaves Wrap” designed by Jessie RayotSponsored by WEBS, America’s Yarn Store