Did you know that March has been designated National Crochet Month? Your CGOA Board of Directors invites you to help us celebrate! We will be sponsoring a Crochet-Along in March (check this post [insert link] for all the details). If you joined CGOA or renewed your CGOA membership during or after our 2010 Chain Link Conference last year, you were given access to 'Across the Board Crochet', a pdf pattern booklet featuring patterns designed by the 2010 CGOA board members. Perhaps you’d like to work on one of these projects. Or perhaps there’s a pattern from Crochet! magazine (which you receive as one of your member benefits) that you’ve been anxious to try. Don’t forget all the other countless crochet patterns available in books, magazines, and on the internet.
Do you plan on doing anything special in March to help promote awareness of just how awesome crochet is? Please post a comment and let us know your plans. Feel free to post links to your activities!
If you need help deciding how you’d like to help promote crochet during March, here are some ideas:
- Promote crochet.
- Teach someone to crochet.
- Offer to create a crochet display at your local library.
- Write a book review of any crochet book. (Post it here on the blog!)
- Expand your own crochet skills.
- Learn a new crochet stitch or technique.
- Experiment with a new yarn.
- Visit your local library to see what crochet books they have.
- Crochet for charity.
- Select a special charity to crochet for during March.
- Explore new charities you might like to crochet for. A good resource for finding charities is Lion Brand's Charity Connection.
- Make new crochet friends.
- Attend a local crochet meeting.
- Join or start a local CGOA chapter.
- Strike up a conversation with someone you see shopping for yarn. You can break the ice by asking if they know March is National Crochet Month!
Let’s make National Crochet Month 2011 rock!