Book Review: Crochet with Love Knots

Sunday, July 5, 2015



Title: Crochet with Love Knots
Author: Jenny King

Book Review by Jennifer Cirka (www.jaybirddesigns.com)

If you are interested in making lightweight summer accessories, do I have a book for you! Crochet with Love Knots by Jenny King has some beautiful and trendy designs in the famous love knot stitch. Plus, I have a confession to make. I never learned how to make a love knot. Trust me, I always wanted to, but I was intimidated by the complexity of how they looked. So, I decided to conquer my fear and learn a new stitch while reading this book to review.

This booklet from Annie's features eight different and fashionable patterns using the love knot stitch. All patterns are rated easy to intermediate in skill level and use different weight yarns. The booklet includes detailed instructions with photos that excellently describe how to make a love knot stitch, plus there is also a stitch guide and metric conversion chart. 

When I find a little more free time, I am looking forward to making the Sunset Circlet Wrap. I think it would be a great addition to my wardrobe for summer. Something simple to dress up jeans and a tank top while still looking professional. Right now, I'm not sure what color I would want to make it. 

When you are ready to learn a new stitch and make some amazing accessory items, Crochet with Love Knots will make a great addition to your library. 

(Annie's, 2014, 423 Pages, $9.99, ISBN 978-1-57367-539-0)
Full disclosure: A free review copy of Crochet with Love Knots was provided by Annie's Crafts. Although I accept free products for review, I do not accept additional compensation, nor do I guarantee a positive review.  My reviews are based entirely on my honest opinions.

No comments:

Post a Comment

CGOA welcomes your comments! To help us avoid comment-spam, all comments are moderated. Damaging, hateful, profane, advertising, or solicitation comments will not be approved. If your comment is not approved, please feel free to reword it and post it again. For guild-related questions, please send an email to: cgoa @ crochet.org (to help us avoid spam, cut and paste address into your email program and remove spaces from "@").

 
Template Design by Studio Mommy (© Copyright 2015)