It’s time! The window for shipping your CGOA 2011 Crochet Design Competition entries begins 15 August, 2011. Thanks to grants from our magnificent sponsors, the competition is the most rewarding ever, with designers vying for over $5,400 in cash prizes in seven judging categories:
1. Fanciful Fashion (sponsored by Tulip Co, makers of exceptional tools including Etimo cushion grip crochet hooks and Carry T)
2. Fashion (sponsored by Tahki Stacy Charles, bringing you fine yarn lines Tahki, S Charles, Filatura Di Crosa and Loop-d-Loop)
3. Accessories (sponsored by WEBS, America’s Yarn Store
4. Small Wonders (sponsored by Boye and the Crochet Dude brand of crochet tools and accessories)
5. Afghans (sponsored by Caron International and BuyCaron.com)
6. Thread Crochet (sponsored by AllFreeCrochet.com and FaveCrafts.com, offering diverse crochet e-newsletters, e-books and patterns)
7. Artistic Expressions (sponsored by Leisure Arts, bringing you the art of everyday living)
$1000 Grand Prize, sponsored by Crochet Partners and Interweave Press.
$100 Special Technique Award from DesigningVashti for outstanding use of alternate crochet techniques and construction
$100 Peoples’ Choice Award from the Crochet Liberation Front, winner to be chosen on site by attendee voting
Judging will take place on location at the CGOA Conference in Greensboro, North Carolina, 21 September and winners will be announced during the Awards Ceremony on 22 September. You do not have to be present to enter or to win but you will want to be there to marvel at the awesome display of entries and unveiling of the winning designs.
If you are preparing to ship your design, please fill out and submit the electronic entry form now and make sure that it exactly matches the crochet pieces you are sending. You will receive an e-mail confirmation letter, which is your form returned. Please make a hard copy of that returned form and include it in your package. See the official information pages at crochet.org for compete details. Deadline for entries is 31 August. Best of luck!
Chairman, CGOA 2011 Design Competition Committee
Crochetville National Crochet Month #natcromo
21 hours ago